Wisconsin Family Business of the Year Award: Nominees announced
Madison, Wisconsin - April 9, 2019 - From wedding planners to bow tie makers, basement waterproofers to an auto dealership, the nominees for the 2019 Wisconsin Family Business of the Year Award represent what is wonderful and diverse about family businesses in our state. The award program, now in its sixteenth year, attracted nineteen family businesses from throughout the state.
“We are thrilled to continue this wonderful award program and tell the stories of these resilient families”, said Julie Bogle, Partner with BDO USA, LLP. BDO is the primary sponsor of the program, along with co-sponsors First Business Bank and the BoardmanClark law firm.
Nominees this year are:
- Anderson Shapiro, Madison
- Badger Basement Systems, Fort Atkinson
- Bassett Mechanical, Kaukauna
- Breaman Merril Ford, Merrill
- Build a Bow, Racine
- Chula Vista Resort, Wisconsin Dells
- Cousins Subs, Menomonee Falls
- Gustave A Larson, Pewaukee
- Hastreiter Industries, Marshfield
- Hunzinger Construction Company, Brookfield
- J&D Tube Benders, Schofield
- Kobussen Buses, Kaukauna
- Nueske's Applewood Smoked Meats, Wittenberg
- Premier Rug Washing, Madison
- Shorewest Realtors, Brookfield
- Spectrum Investment Advisors, Mequon
- Trans International, Menomonee Falls
- Wallendal Farms, Grand Marsh
- Zilli Hospitality, Waukesha
An independent panel of judges drawn from the business community will chose Grand Award winners in the Small, Medium, and Large Company categories. They will also chose companies for several Special Awards.
In the sixteen years of the program, awards have been given to over 100 family businesses that help define resilient, growing, and ethical business throughout the state. Winners will be announced at a banquet to be held Thursday, May 9, 2019 at the Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center. Information about the award including banquet registration is at familybusinessaward.com.
About the sponsors: BDO USA, LLP is an international tax, assurance, and consulting practice. BDO merged with Smith & Gesteland, LLP, the founder of the award in 2018. First Business Bank is a regional bank and financial services provider. BoardmanClark is a regional law firm serving businesses and individuals. All three firms serve family firms with an eye toward successful transitions between generations.
Additional information about the program including a list of past winners, nomination forms, sample nominations, and video clips from past banquets can be found at www.familybusinessaward.com. You can also request information at 608-836-7500.