First Bank Financial Centre: Turns 160
Contact: Becky Miller
Phone: (262) 560-2077
Oconomowoc, Wis. – This year, First Bank Financial Centre (FBFC) celebrates its 160th anniversary! Headquartered in Oconomowoc, FBFC’s rich history dates back before President Lincoln took office, before the Great Depression, the world wars, film, radio, and definitely before TV. They have been making lives better in the communities they serve through their banking and lending programs, charitable giving, and volunteerism, and will be enhancing these efforts throughout the year in several ways.
- Refer A Friend Bonus – FBFC will give $160 to current customers who refer their friends to open a qualifying FBFC checking account and $160 to the new customer who was referred! Visit FBFCWI.com/reward for more information.
- Charitable Giving – Each month, FBFC will showcase three local charities from one of the 10 communities they serve. Customers, and the public in general, are welcome to visit FBFCWI.com/160 to vote for their favorite charity. The winning organization each month will receive $1,600!
- Tell Us Your Story – FBFC has so many customers who have been banking with them for many years, some even for many generations. During their anniversary, FBFC is asking customers to submit their own stories about how FBFC has made their life better. Those who submit stories will be entered into a quarterly drawing for $100 and may be featured at FBFCWI.com/160. Visit the site for details!
- The Morning Blend Gives Back with FBFC – Throughout the year, FBFC and the Morning Blend on TMJ4 are collaborating to feature eight local charities. They are asking the audience and community to participate by visiting www.themorningblend.com/givesback and nominate and/or vote for their favorite charity.
“Turning 160 is not an anniversary most businesses, let alone banks, get to enjoy. We are incredibly proud to say we’ve reached this milestone and hope our customers and communities will join us in celebrating,” said Mark W. Mohr, President and CEO of FBFC.
First Bank Financial Centre opened as Summit Bank in 1859. They started with $25,000 in capital and have grown to include 14 branches throughout Southeast Wisconsin, six loan offices and more than $1 billion in assets. Their 300+ employees contribute nearly 15,000 volunteer hours to nearly 450 local organizations each year.
The commitment from their employees to improve and serve their local communities is showcased by the numerous accolades FBFC has received in recent years. These include:
- 2018 Economic Development Of Ozaukee County Business of the Year
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Top Workplace for 9 consecutive years
- American Banker Magazine’s Best Banks to Work for in 2016, 2017 and 2018
- Top 10 nation-wide for SBA 504 lending
- Finalist in BizTimes Media’s Nonprofit Excellence Awards
- Wisconsin Bankers Association Excellence in Financial Education awards
- 2017 Grafton Area Chamber of Commerce’s Outstanding Business of the Year
- Mark W. Mohr, President and CEO of FBFC named the 2015 Independent Community Banker of the Year Award
While these awards are genuinely appreciated, being able to donate more than $1,000,000 over the last five years to dozens of community organizations is something FBFC is very proud of.
This sense of purpose in the community has long been part of FBFC’s makeup. As Summit Bank, they were the community’s first bank, 15 years before Oconomowoc even became a city. They adopted the new name, Bank of Oconomowoc, in 1889, staying in the community they had served for 30 years at this point. In 1963, they remodeled a local building to become the state’s first TV drive-in auto bank, before moving from their coveted corner location to the current headquarters in W. Wisconsin Ave. in 1985. Through name changes and expansions, one thing remained the same, FBFC’s commitment to the communities they serve.
For more information on FBFC’s anniversary events, or to take a trip down memory lane with photos and videos, visit them online at FBFCWI.com/160.