Blackhawk Technical College: Announces partnership with the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater
Contact: Angie Kablar (608) 757-7776
Business program credits will now easily transfer from BTC to UW Whitewater
* Signing ceremony to take place on Wednesday, May 16 at 1:00 p.m. at Blackhawk Technical College
* Partnership will allow BTC students to easily transfer credits to UW-Whitewater
* Dr. Tracy Pierner, president of BTC and Dr. John Chenoweth, Dean of the College of Business and Economics will make remarks at the signing ceremony
Janesville, WI – On Wednesday, May 16, leaders from Blackhawk Technical College and the University of Wisconsin, Whitewater will take part in a signing ceremony announcing the partnership between the schools’ business programs. The partnership will make the transition seamless for BTC business program students to transfer credits to UW Whitewater’s business program. The partnership has been in the works for several years and includes BTC enhancing its coursework and textbooks to compliment UW Whitewater’s. The signing ceremony will take place at Blackhawk Technical College’s central campus, 6004 S County Rd G, Janesville.
“We have been working diligently to make this partnership a reality and are thrilled to be able to offer seamless transferability of our courses to our BTC students,” said Jeff Kropp, BTC’s business program chair. “Students will have the advantage of receiving a solid foundation of study in business courses and if they chose, easily transfer to UW to specialize in upper level business-focused classes. It’s a win-win.”
Students taking essential business courses in business management, human resources, supply chain and accounting at BTC, can easily transfer those credits to UW Whitewater.
This BTC and UW Whitewater partnership gives:
* Students a solid business course foundation at BTC and seamless transition to UW Whitewater for study in specialized business degree options
* Flexible learning options at both BTC and UW Whitewater. Both institutions offer online learning options for various courses. UW Whitewater students can complete their business degree online
* A college costs savings by completing essential business courses at BTC before enrolling at UW Whitewater
ABOUT BLACKHAWK TECHNICAL COLLEGE
Blackhawk Technical College is a forward-thinking, proactive college that believes in real-world experiences and hands-on training in a diverse atmosphere. Our long-term goal is to redefine what a technical college is, through flexible scheduling and delivery models, a range of program offerings, partnerships with local employers, and world-class facilities with high tech equipment – including some you won’t find anywhere else in the state of Wisconsin. BTC has five campus locations in Monroe, Milton, Beloit and Janesville and is a major provider of customized training and technical assistance for the Rock and Green County business community.