Americans for Prosperity-Wisconsin: Announces six-figure investment to support champions in key Assembly races
CONTACT: Eric Bott, EBott@afphq.org
MADISON, Wis. – Americans for Prosperity-Wisconsin (AFP-WI) on Thursday announced support for nine candidates for State Assembly based on their leadership on policies that will remove barriers to opportunity and improve Wisconsinites’ lives: State Treasurer Matt Adamczyk, Rep. Mary Felzkowski (District 35), Rep. Rob Hutton (District 13), Rep. Daniel Knodl (District 24), Rep. John Macco (District 88), Rep. Jim Ott (District 23), Rep. Romaine Quinn (District 75), Rep. Rob Stafsholt (District 29), and Rep. Shannon Zimmerman (District 30).
AFP-WI also announced it will bolster the group’s ongoing grassroots efforts in support of these candidates with a six-figure investment in paid media, including digital ads, radio, and direct mail.
AFP-WI State Director Eric Bott issued the following statement:
“These policy champions have demonstrated a commitment to removing barriers to opportunity so that Wisconsinite communities and businesses have the best chance to thrive. Wisconsin is on the right track, and these principled leaders will work to implement transformative policies that will keep us moving in the right direction. We’re proud to back these champions and our activists are committed to ensuring their neighbors vote for them this November.”
- Wisconsin experienced an all-time low unemployment rate of 2.8 percent in April, May, and June. The unemployment rate was below 3 percent for an unprecedented six straight months.
- Private sector wages are up more than 25 percent since December 2010. Construction wages increased 50 percent and manufacturing wages increased 15.4 percent.
- Per capita personal income has increased $7,800 since 2011.
- Wisconsin is a national leader in manufacturing job growth and ranked second in the country in May.
- Wisconsin ranks 4th highest in the nation, 1st in the Midwest for health care quality.
- Wisconsin is tied for #1 for highest median SAT scores.
- Matt Adamczyk is currently Wisconsin’s Treasurer and is running to represent Assembly District 14.
- Rep. Mary Felzkowski currently represents Assembly District 35 and is running for reelection.
- Rep. Rob Hutton currently represents Assembly District 13 and is running for reelection.
- Rep. Daniel Knodl currently represents Assembly District 24 and is running for reelection.
- Rep. John Macco currently represents Assembly District 88 and is running for reelection.
- Rep. Jim Ott currently represents Assembly District 23 and is running for reelection.
- Rep. Romaine Quinn currently represents Assembly District 75 and is running for reelection.
- Rep. Rob Stafsholt currently represents Assembly District 29 and is running for reelection.
- Rep. Shannon Zimmerman currently represents Assembly District 30 and is running for reelection.
AFP-WI recently announced its support for candidates for State Senate and has since added Sen. Devin LeMahieu to its list of supported senate candidates.
For further information or an interview, reach Lorenz Isidro at LIsidro@afphq.org or (703) 887-7724.