Coalition of Wisconsin Aging Groups: 35th annual Statewide Convention
CWAG's 35th Annual Statewide Convention
Holiday Inn Hotel & Convention Center - Stevens Point, WI
Wisconsin's Political Future:
It's All about Common Sense and Working Together
Wisconsinites are concerned about the lack of bipartisan compromise and are ready to turn the page to a future with elected officials who are committed to working together in the best interest for all Wisconsin citizens. You will hear from current and former Democratic and Republican office holders who will provide common sense solutions on how we move Wisconsin forward.
In addition, this year's 35th Annual Statewide Convention will include two Candidate Forums for the US Senate Race and the 7th District Congressional Race.
This year's convention will also feature the following speakers and topics:
- Legislative Panel Discussion: "The Need for Legislative Bi-Partisanship & Why We Must Work Together" Bill Kraus, former Chief of Staff for Republican Governor Lee Dreyfus, Mary Panzer, former Republican State Senator, Marlin Schneider, Former Democratic State Representative, Jim Holperin, Senator District 12
- Congressional Candidates "The Future of Health Care Reform" Sean Duffy (R), Congressman, 7th District (Incumbent), Pat Kreitlow (D), 7th District Senate Candidate & Former State Senator
- U.S. Senatorial Candidates "The Future of Health Care Reform" Tommy Thompson (R) former Governor & U.S. DHHS Secretary, Jeff Fitzgerald (R), State Assembly Speaker, Mark Neuman (R), Business Executive & former Congressman, Eric Hovde (R), Business Executive & Investment Broker, Tammy Baldwin (D), Congresswoman, 2nd District
- Protecting Citizens from Identity Fraud - The HonorableJames Santelle, US Attorney, Eastern District of WI, The Honorable John Vaudreuil, US Attorney, Western District of WI, Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen,
- Protecting Your Loved Ones from Nursing Home Abuse - Jeff Pitman & Christine Bremer Muggli, Wisconsin Association for Justice
- Health Care Advance Directives: A Gift To Your Family - Dr. Tim Bartholow, Wisconsin Medical Society, Gina Dennik-Champion, WNA Executive Director
- A celebration honoring the hard work of State Senators Dale Schultz (R) and Tim Cullen (D) for their bipartisan leadership in the Wisconsin State Senate.
2 Day Convention: $80.00 + hotel if needed
(or $45.00 per day for 1 day attendance)
CWAG Convention - 2850 Dairy Drive, Suite 100, Madison, WI 53718
Or Register by Phone: Call Angie at (608)221-6124